Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Update from the Birthday Girl

Well, I did have a wonderful birthday with lots of well wishers, cards, flowers, song by my grandchildren, and birthday dinner made by my sister, Katy, for gathered family members. Even my 5th hour class sang happy birthday to me when the flowers from Robert were delivered to my room. It was a fun day for me and thanks to all who had a part of it.

I am feeling very well. The vertigo seems to have all but disappeared. There is one more follow-up visit to the
doctor planned for this week. Now if I can just get rid of a case of rosacia on my face (a side-effect of the chemo.) Next chemo is scheduled for May 4th and a trip to MDA May 11th for bone marrow tests.

On a sad note, Robert's 25 year old cousin, Jeffery, died 4/17 after years of battling cancer. Robert was able to attend his funeral in Austin to be with his parents, Mary & Brian, and other family.

We had a blessed Easter with lots of family time and a wonderful worship time at our church praising God for his blessings, healing, and the miracle of the risen Christ. May each of you experience that miracle and God's blessings. Trudy