Monday, April 14, 2008

He knit us together!

This past week has been a real blessing straight from God. While the "prednisone week" has been somewhat emotional and painful, the blessings have far outweighed them. I have been involved in hosting a women's conference at Bethel Baptist and found it to be such a joy to decorate a room beautifully and prepare food with the wonderful women of our church. Handmade items literally covered our meeting room to emphasize the meaning of Psalm 139:13-16, how God has knit us together from the time of being in our mother's womb. Especially meaningful to me was the verse about how my bones were not hidden from him (bones->marrow->blood->leukemia!) God knows, always knew and has had my days numbered from the beginning of time. What a comforting thought to know we are in His hands. The inspirational singers and speaker gave us all a "Faith Lift."
I'm looking forward to helping for a few hours at school this week and next week, possible now because my blood counts are the best they have been since the cruise. I feel really well and even did some digging in the dirt today-something I love to do! Thanks for your many prayers for my health and that the leukemia will stay away.
Love you all, Trudy