Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home Again from Houston

Our trip to Houston was quick this time and a bit surprising. My counts were similar to Monday's counts here, so Dr. Koller has planned a totally different route for me. I am skipping Courses 5-8 and going directly to maintenance protocol (which was supposed to be in the spring.) It will involve a 4-week treatment which consists mostly of oral medications and one I.V. given here in Alex. at our clinic. Apparently Course 5 would be too hard on me and if the counts came up this slowly every course, the total treatment would drag out too long. My counts will be monitored during this time and depending on the results, an identical 4-week treatment would follow. We are not looking at this as a negative at all. As a dear friend recently reminded me, God ALWAYS acts at the right time for his purposes. He is never late & fulfills his plans on time. So we are trusting him for this to be the best treatment for me right now. This treatment will start next week so continue to pray for us as we prepare to dive into this new plan. We appreciate so much the encouragement and prayers from each of you. Trusting Him, Trudy and Robert